Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Being thrifty : Other use of patch


These are my mother in law's pillows that she gave to us. They usually are used in the family room when we relax reading a book or for the children to play as a kingdom or anything else. These pillows are so heavy that when I wash them by hand, I need my husband to take them outside to dry, because I'm not strong enogh to do that myself. What makes the pillows be so heavy? First, they're quiet big and second is because of their fillings. My mil had a taylor to be her neighbor years ago, and she had a lot of leftover patches to throw away, then my mil saw cushions, made it to be pillows and filled them with the patches.

I read simple life blogs telling about recycling things and making new, usable things out of the old, unused or leftover ones. One of them is doing patchworks. I love seing the beautiful patchworks and I love the idea of recycling, but I really can't sew although I used to see my moher saw our own clothes when I was little.

And if you are like me, and have patches t
here. You can just fill the pillow with it, nosew is needed. Ha.
Or, if you are queit talented but want to try other thing with your leftover other than pathwork, you can do what my sister did with my mother's :
She made them be barbie dresses.


1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hello! Thanks for popping by my blog today! Recycling and reusing things is a great idea, I agree.