Sunday, June 24, 2018

Restocking The Fridge

The Idul Fitri celebration is almost over. It is a Holy day for Muslims to celebrate the new spirit after fasting daily for the whole previous month. In Idul Fitri day we ask forgiveness from people around us, to clean our mistakes to others and let us sincerely forgive people as well. As celebration day it is, food is prepared. We welcome guests and we come to our families' home too, where they also provide food. This will happen for about a week. In my country, where Muslims are the majority, it's hard to find a food store that opens that day because most people are in holiday. So I filled the fridge with food a few days before. And now, it's time to restocking again.




The pictures above are about the reducing stocks of eggs, some instant noodles for emergency meals, a plate of leftover fish, a little spinach and some snacks. A lot of nearby food stores are not open yet, so I must go to the traditional market to buy food.





These are what I bought : Some fish, carrots, Indonesian spices : shallots, ginger, chillies. I found cheap limes, the sweet ones, and cheap carrots. So I bought a lot of them to be made juices later.


And yeah. I also have these mangoes given by my auntie when we visit her at home on the holy day. Slurp, home grown fruit must be delicious.

No comments: