Friday, May 5, 2017

Menu Plan

Do you ever wonder about those stylish pinterest moms who have children, toddlers even babies, but manage to keep their homes tidy, serving homemade food for the family and still look gorgeous ? If you are like me, the answer would be, yes, I do.
I have 3 daughters age 8, 4 and almost 2. My appearance is often messy, my house is cluttered and I don't always cook at home. I tried to find out the secret of those moms by searching about the everyday life of a homemaker in 1950, because it's what I think would be a perf example I can follow, I came to this.

While the explanation there is very interesting and probably the great answer I've been looking for, I don't think I can do that in the wink of an eye. Because for me, changing one's way of life can't be done in one night, it must be one step at a time.

So, I try the first rule, that is preparing lunch in the beginning of the day. It really makes sense for me, because cooking is taking a lot of my time and even harder when baby is in my tow, so if I do it when she is having her breakfast or even better when she is still asleep, it could be done faster. To make it easier, I prepare all the ingredient the night before, so I peel, clean, chop, blend etc at night and leave all the stove work for the next day.

And really, this saves a lot of time so I can use my time to do cleaning, ironing and off course play with my babies.


The menu plan is : sour and spicy fish, boiled vegetables and shrimp cracker

Below: the menu plan is crispy chicken, stir fry vegetables and chili sauce

No comments: