Thursday, January 18, 2018

Farisha : Don't pass the breakfast

What should my two year old child eat everyday? It was my question to myself about 7 years ago when I have my first child, she was a picky eater, and often refused what I offered her to eat. Those were stressing days when I had to think a lot to prepare the best and eye-catching meal so she would be interested to try a bit. Or tried to hide a vegetable in a scrambled egg, or inside a rice ball or inside a chicken meat. Sometimes the result worth the effort but sometimes it was left for me to finish what I had made.

But, it was the story of 7 years ago, when she was still the only child of mine. She is almost turns 9 now, and still a picky eater, but now I can use the gesture of making my eyes bigger to force her putting a pinch a veggie on her plate. Hahaha.

When my first girl turned 4, we gave her  a sister, and 2 years later, we presented her another sister. And thank God, the sisters are not picky eaters, in fact, they love vegetables.
Fahira, Fatimah and Farisha are the names of my girls, starting from the eldest. Now, Farisha is two years and a half and she is an early bird.


In my mind, being an early bird is a good thing a person can be, one can see a beautiful morning, enjoy fresh air and start the day with a good feeling. But in the realistic world I am living, having an early bird child means I must play with her while in my mind I'm thinking of the unfinished housework I want to finish before noon.

So, I choose not to be stress and better enjoy the moments I can share with her because time flies so fast, and suddenly she will be so big in a blinking of eyes.


So every morning when both of us awake and everybody in the house still asleep, I prepare her breakfast, because a full stomach would make a child calmer than if she is hungry. Skipping breakfast will result her to mess everything that I've done, simply because she is hungry.

The plus thing about my little girl is that she is not picky eater so I can give her anything I have on hand and then she will have her breakfast outside, while I took care of the plants ; watering, cleaning the yard etc.

Today her simple breakfast is rice and scramble egg with celery and shallots. Served warm.


No comments: